[asterisk-users] Attended transfers manager or phone

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Tue Jan 15 18:06:10 CST 2008

Some phones have the auto-answer ability.  So your phone could have two
extensions, one for normal use and one for auto-answer use.  Redirect or
Originate, as you were, to the auto-answer extension on the phone.  So
the phone would already put itself offhook, and asterisk would continue
and build up the other end of the bridge.

Polycom soundpoint phones, for example, but many others have this ability.

an example extension setup might be

exten => 110,1,Dial(SIP/110)

exten => #110,1,SipAddHeader(.......whatever your phone needs to make it
autoanswer)
exten => #110,2,Dial(SIP/110)

Don't know about phones that allow ip control of their state, though.

Moj