[asterisk-users] Discover Asterisk 1.4 :: SIP Subscriptions

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Jan 15 15:22:23 CST 2008

Andrea Spadaccini wrote:
> I have a small question: other than a phone (ie. SIP/something), what else can
> I use as "app"? Can I handle the change via some custom code?

There are a number of things that can provide "device state" in Asterisk.  That
includes "real" devices such as SIP endpoints, or any other channel driver.
However, it also includes things like monitoring the state of a space in
parking, or the usage of a MeetMe conference.  I have also written a small
dialplan function which lets you create custom device states.  A lot of people
use this for things like having a light on the phone that reflects whether the
agent is logged in or not.

More information:

http://asterisk.org/node/48325
http://asterisk.org/node/48360