[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.17 crashing more

Abdul abdul_zu at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 04:06:42 CST 2008

Where we can see the log when this crashed coming. after that we can investigate for that particularly error.

Before 1.4.17 we was using 1.2.X but we faced problem call hanged on console for one day and two day without any media and RTP. Once the call removed it comes in our billing with high duration which damage whole balance of customers for this reason we came to use 1.4.17 and till now we did not get such issue.

Thank You

> Hi All,
>
> We updated with Asterisk 1.4.17 but it seems unstable. 3, 4 times in one
> day it stop to response to the SIP Clinets so they cannot make call or
> register. But safe_asterisk not restarting it back because asterisk running
> without any response to the sip clients.
>
> When we try to do 'core show channels' using Manager it returns only
>
> Action: Command
> Command: show channels
>
> That time asterisk not responding anything for clients for registration
> either for invitation.
>
> Please advice us how we can fix this issue.

Upgrade to Asterisk 1.2.X unless you need the features in 1.4.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro