[asterisk-users] G.729 pre-compiled binaries and Asterisk 1.2.x.

Bruce McAlister bruce.mcalister at blueface.ie
Tue Jan 15 04:05:41 CST 2008

Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
> They used to have solaris on the Digium FTP site but they seem to be gone now :(
>
> On the "free" codec site they have some complied with icc and others
> with gcc4 so I don't see why you can't get this working with gcc on
> solaris.

Digium do still have the Solaris version of their codec on their
download site and the following url:

http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/codec_g729/unsupported/

This codec is at version 32, whereas the latest is at 33. We tried this
codec with valid licenses too, but the codec just fails to load in Asterisk.

I was under the impression that the "free" codec required the Intel IPP
libraries to be available on the system, or, statically linked into the
codec. How would one build the codec if you could not link in a Solaris
version of the IPP libraries, or am I missing something fundamental here?