[asterisk-users] Transfer/Speed-Dial

Ken Williams ken at intermountainelectronics.com
Mon Jan 14 14:43:11 CST 2008

The vast majority of what I've done with Asterisk has been with the
Grandstream GXP-2000's.  These phones work great for us for everything
*except* speaker quality is quite poor and appears to be half-duplex.
So now that we've bought and are using 40 GXP-2000's we're doing some
testing on other phones.  I've bought a Polycom 301 & 501 as well as a
Linksys SPA942.  While they have great speakerphones (especially the
Polycom's) I can't quite seem to duplicate something we use like crazy
on the Grandstream's, and from what I can find online perhaps this isn't
possible.  So, hoping someone can offer help if there is help to be
offered.

What I'm talking about are the 7 programmable buttons on the Grandstream
phones.  We use these to Park, Pickup & Page.  So we have a 'park'
button that when we're on a call we hit TRNF then this button and the
call is parked.  We then have BLF setup so each parking lot lights up as
calls are parked, so immediately after a transfer 'hold 1' lights up
red.  At this point, someone can hit 'hold 1' and be connected to the
parked call.  In addition we have a 'page' button that dials our Page
extension and pages.

Aside from re-teaching everyone how to park/pick-up and page as well as
losing the visual BLF, is there anything that can be done on either the
Polycom or Linksys phones?

Thanks,
Ken

(One last thing, anyway to disable missed calls on these phones,
something else I can't seem to find that the GXP's have).