[asterisk-users] GSM SIM Cards and Digium, or GSM SIM Adaptor

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Jan 14 09:59:22 CST 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 8:28 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 08:20:11AM -0500, Steve Totaro wrote:
>
> > Check chan_mobile for bluetooth enabled phones.  This is an extremely
> cool
> > app.  The phone can be used as an FXO and/or an extension.  You can also
> use
> > bluetooth headsets as FXSs.
>
> AFAIR, the main limitation of it was that you could only use one device
> per bluetooth adapter. Is this still the case?
>
> But yes - cool indeed.

I believe you are correct about the one device per bluetooth dongle.  I
wondered about multiple dongles since they are so cheap but never went so
far as to test it.  If memory serves me correctly, you can have 127 USB
devices (per controller I believe and they obviously must have enough power
to run the dongle).  What I am not sure about is the ability in chan_mobile
to have multiple dongles or how many bluetooth devices can operate due to RF
bandwidth in a small location.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro