[asterisk-users] GSM SIM Cards and Digium, or GSM SIM Adaptor

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Jan 14 07:20:11 CST 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 7:42 AM, bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi List;
>
> Is there an Digium cards support GSM SIM cards so we
> can fix an SIM card to be used for calls within
> mobiles as it is less rate?
>
> Or I have to use an FXS to SIM adaptor? If yes, then
> anyone advise a models and prices?
>
> Regards
> Bilal

Check chan_mobile for bluetooth enabled phones.  This is an extremely cool
app.  The phone can be used as an FXO and/or an extension.  You can also use
bluetooth headsets as FXSs.

There are also GSM cards but I have no experience with them yet.  I would
like to test a quad port one sometime soon but in passive research, they
seem to be sold outside of the US.  Hopefully someone will post details on a
card sold in the US.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro