[asterisk-users] Discover Asterisk 1.4 :: Google Talk, XMPP and Jabber Integration!

Philippe Sultan philippe.sultan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 02:46:45 CST 2008

Hi Matt,

>         Can an Asterisk server hold logins for multiple Japper accounts on a
> remote Jabber server, and carry multiple Jabber calls simultaneously the
> way it can carry multiple SIP (or IAX, or ZAP, etc) calls? If so, is
> each of those Jabber calls as lightweight as, say, each SIP call? If
> not, is there a way to increase the capacity of Asterisk to carry about
> as many Jabber calls as it can carry SIP calls?

You can hold multiple logins on your Asterisk server by configuration.
You can also carry simultaneous Gtalk/Jingle talks simultaneously,
over a single Jabber account or several. As for the performance
comparison with SIP calls, I can't really tell. It would be nice to
have some feedback on that.

Cheers,

Philippe