[asterisk-users] ProxyPal for AMI Proxy Development

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sun Jan 13 17:46:25 CST 2008

Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
> astmanproxy does this already, I think ..
>
> Julian.

Of course ;)  AstManProxy is a great product from what I had read up on it.

One thing is that it requires (if I'm not mistaken) an mysql installation which
is too heavy of a dependency for some applications that I have in mind to write.

The proxy I'm writing allows real-time traffic between proxy clients and the
Asterisk AMI and the traffic is cached maybe 50-100ms before being sent to
either end so there is no need to save the packet traffic to a database.

For me, I need something lean in terms of 3rd party software and lean on memory
with a simple deployment of an executable and maybe a few config files.

I figured since I was writing it anyway, I'd just release it to the community...

I'll post when its ready for testing or usage along with link to sources.

Thanks again,

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"The only thing that kept me out college...was high school."