[asterisk-users] Asterisk RFC2833 to SIP INFO DTMF conversion erros.

Mayur mninama at varaha.com
Sat Jan 12 13:09:34 CST 2008

Hi,

   I am using asterisk 1.4.17 which is connected to a SIP trunk supporting
rfc2833 dtmf events. Asterisk stays in the media path. In sip.conf I have
set dtmfmode=rfc2833 for the outbound sip proxy (SIP Trunk account) and for
SIP clients I have set dtmfmode=info. So when I make a call to a cell number
using the sip trunk and then press digits I can see the 2833 dtmf events
coming to asterisk in the rtp captures. Asterisk seems to detect those and
give SIP INFO to the SIP client. However it fails to detect some of the
digits (which is random) hence the correct sequence of digits is not
received at the SIP client.

I have tried setting relaxdtmf=yes in sip.conf but that does not seem to
help. Can anyone help me out here?

Regards,

Mayur