[asterisk-users] MFC/R2 Signaling configuration

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 11:06:39 CST 2008

> > I did a find on my system and saw where zaptel.h was in
> > /usr/include/zaptel/zaptel.h
>
> Right. Any chance that your version of unicall is not up-to-date?

Not sure which versions were used ... I cheated and used Moy's package for
1.4.16 (I'm using 1.4.17) and just patched the Makefile in the channels
directory.

> > I'm using two Digium TE420B (with DSP).  Most of my trunks will be EURO
> ISDN
> > and two of them need to do R2 signalling.  How should my configs look?
>  Are
> > all trunks configured with unicall.conf now or do I still have to use
> > /etc/zaptel.conf?
>
> I suspect that you should setup [trunkgroups] in zapata.conf somehow not
> use some spans. Otherwise chan_zap will try to open them.

Not sure I'm following you.  Haven't used trunkgroups before.  Where can I
get educated on how to use them the way you suggest?

> Do you have core dumps from those segfaults? Can you provide a

> backtrace?

I'm not sure what was going but I  kind of figured out I had overlap in the
zapata.conf and  unicall.conf and when I kept span 1-3 stuff in
zapata.confand span 4 in
unicall.conf it went away.  If I made any kind of mistake in the conf files
asterisk would bomb and restart over and over until I pulled the kill -15
gun out.