[asterisk-users] Sip calls drop one leg after about 2 minutes

John Millican jmillican at sentinelcommunications.com
Fri Jan 11 07:42:19 CST 2008

Doug wrote:
> At 14:54 1/10/2008, John Millican wrote:
>  >Hello all,
>  >I know this has been discussed before but I am not finding the thread on
>  >voip-info or site:lists.digium.com through google.
>  >
>  >I have a site with * ver. 1.4.15 (started out as 1.4.2 or so) running on
>  >openSuSE 10.2, Dual core AMD Opteron, purely SIP.
>  >I haver been experiencing a problem where after about 2 min 10 seconds
>  >to 2 minutes 18 seconds incoming audio stops.  The call is still up but
>  >no inbound audio. At first I thought the calls was dropping completely
>  >but that is not the case. iirc there was a similar problem a while back
>  >in * versions.  I looked on voip-info but did not find anything that
>  >appeared to be the same issue.  This does not happen on all calls, maybe
>  >4 or 5% of calls.
>  >
>  >I am not finding anything in the log files to tell me what is going on.
>  >I am going to upgrade to 1.4.17 tonight and see if there is any
>  >difference.  Any suggestions of what to look at or where to go (keep it
>  >clean ;-) please) would be greatly appreciated.
>  >Thanks in advance
>  >JohnM
>
> NAT?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=Asterisk+dropped+calls+NAT

I don't "think" it is a NAT problem as the call is established and is
great for about 2 minutes then, only the one leg goes away.  Nat is
being done by a Cisco router (model 1804???), and has all UDP traffic
from IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx frowarded to the inside asterisk IP address.
I have tried nat=yes and externip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in sip.conf but when i
do that nothing works.  I will try this again over the weekend to
confirm that I had it correct.
JohnM