[asterisk-users] SIP URI question and NATs

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Fri Jan 11 01:50:09 CST 2008

10 jan 2008 kl. 15.24 skrev Robert Moskowitz:

> I am seeing slight differences in URIs.
>
> In the case where things work, the URI is user at sip.foo.com  where it
> does not work is user at sip.foo.com:5060
>
> In the first case I suspect that Asterisk did something, perhaps at
> startup, where it 'decided' it was behind a firewall, so let the
> firewall do the port mapping.
>
> In the second case I suspect whatever Asterisk was doing at startup
> indicated it was wide open so it supplies the 5060 port number.
>
> Is Asterisk doing any discovery at startup?

First, don't start a new mail in an old thread. Thanks.

Your mail doesn't have enough information on what goes wrong and where,
so there is little I can say to help you. There's no information about
how
you are using the SIP uri in Asterisk.

In general, if there's a port number attached to the domain part in a
URI,
this indicates that the domain name is actually a host and that a SIP
device should
*not* lookup any SRV records.

/O