[asterisk-users] Sip calls drop one leg after about 2 minutes

John Millican jmillican at sentinelcommunications.com
Thu Jan 10 14:54:08 CST 2008

Hello all,
I know this has been discussed before but I am not finding the thread on
voip-info or site:lists.digium.com through google.

I have a site with * ver. 1.4.15 (started out as 1.4.2 or so) running on
openSuSE 10.2, Dual core AMD Opteron, purely SIP.
I haver been experiencing a problem where after about 2 min 10 seconds
to 2 minutes 18 seconds incoming audio stops.  The call is still up but
no inbound audio. At first I thought the calls was dropping completely
but that is not the case. iirc there was a similar problem a while back
in * versions.  I looked on voip-info but did not find anything that
appeared to be the same issue.  This does not happen on all calls, maybe
4 or 5% of calls.

I am not finding anything in the log files to tell me what is going on.
I am going to upgrade to 1.4.17 tonight and see if there is any
difference.  Any suggestions of what to look at or where to go (keep it
clean ;-) please) would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
JohnM