[asterisk-users] Is it possible to use spandsp and patton to do fax2mail ?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Jan 10 11:46:16 CST 2008

Olivier wrote:
> So, I think in this case (Ethernet link), "standard spandsp" doesn't
> help as it needs a TDM board.
Nope not the case at all.  I have been doing
fax--ATA--lan--Asterisk->email for quite some time without ANY zaptel
interfaces.  Zaptel creats the pseudo interface and that does the job.
> But, as spandsp has recently gained T.38 support, it could help to
> build email2fax or fax2email but I have no experience myself in it.
Oh?????  I asked about this and did not get a good answer.  I will dig
more into it.
> I would be very curious to know.
Stay tune.  Got to run an errand right now....