[asterisk-users] HFC-S zap channels always busy

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Thu Jan 10 07:31:53 CST 2008

Quoting Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>:

> ... I get the wierd impression that either both modules somehow
> get interrupts from the two cards, or each module handles a
> different card. This hsouldn't happen.
>
> So try blacklisting one of them:

I've already done something like that: removing the vzaphfc directory
from  /lib/modules/2.6.18-5-k7/misc/, running depmod, and then
"genzaptelconf -sdc nl". The rest of the modules loaded fine, but
again all (3) channels were in use. Of course, I also tried putting
vzaphfc back and removing zaphfc instead, but the results were the same.

In both cases, I also tried running Asterisk with a minimal zapata.conf:

    switchtype=euroisdn
    signalling=bri_cpe_ptmp
    channel=>1-2

Just for fun, I even tried this with "signalling=bri_cpe_ptp", but
then Asterisk starts without any Zaptel support.

I'm running out of options here. It looks to me like the current
versions of the software I'm using (Asterisk 1.4.14, Zaptel 1.4.7)
just don't include working support HFC-S PCI cards. Yet, I've read
that it has apparently worked in the past, so maybe I should try to
downgrade to Asterisk 1.2.13 and Zaptel 1.2.11 (the versions that come
with Debian stable).

Thanks,

Jaap