[asterisk-users] problem about TDM400P ringback detection

Fabio Antonini fabio at kasko.it
Thu Jan 10 07:19:08 CST 2008

Hi to all
I'm a new user of TDM400P card. The configuration is OK and I have no problem for incoming call. When I try to place a outgoing call towards a PSTN number the call is not always answered. In other words TDM400P seems to not understand that the call has been accepted from the remote party. In other cases (different extension) the call is accepted succesfully. In my opinion TDM400P DSP can detect if the RIngBack tone is present or not. The call is declared answered if the ringback tone stops to occur. So my feeling is that the ringback ton detection fails form my country (italy) in most cases even if sometime it works fine. On Asterisk cli I can read
1) when the call is succesfully accepted

host529*CLI>
       > Channel Zap/4-1 was answered.
       > Launching Wait(100) on Zap/4-1
host529*CLI>

2) when the call is not succesfully accepted (after the timeout the call is properly terminated) even if the call has been accepted by the remote party and both the users can talk and listen each other.

host529*CLI>
    -- Hungup 'Zap/4-1'
host529*CLI>

Please help me to understand what I miss in the configuration. Does the TDM400P support the italian tone sequences? I think yes.
Which parameters can I tune in order to increase the tone detection performance?

Every help will greatly appreciated.

Regards
Fabio Antonini
SW Designer, Ph.D
Kasko Networks S.r.l.
Piazza Regina Margherita 7, 67100 L'Aquila (ITALY)
ph/fax: +39 862200460 mob:+39 3939261941, +39 3280451965
email: fabio at kasko.it, fabio.antonini at kaskonetworks.it
web: http://www.kaskonetworks.it