[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 and ISDN-BRI support

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Wed Jan 9 21:23:54 CST 2008

Hi list,

Has anyone been able to get ISDN-BRI support to work reliably on
Asterisk 1.4? If so, I'd love to know how you did it (hardware,
distro, kernel, modules, versions, config files).

I've tried to get it to work on a Debian etch system with an HFC-PCI
card and the zaptel package (v1.4.7, also from xorcom.com), but with
no luck: all three channels that are created when the zaphfc or
vzaphfc module loads always change to an 'in use' state as soon as
Asterisk starts up and so can't be used. I've received the exact same
results on two different systems.

Thanks,

Jaap