[asterisk-users] WaitExten and Macros

Tony Plack Tony at plack.net
Wed Jan 9 15:50:59 CST 2008

> Spoke to soon, forgot that I used Background, which is doing the
> same thing.  Any reason macro context is not supported?  Just
> curious.

Okay, I figured out that I can put the macro context into the Background option, that works.  Bit messy in the dial plan, but it will work.

Would be nice if WaitExten supported the context like Background, then both solutions would end up on the same lines.... As is, GotoIf is my friend.

So final solution:

Use Read to get the extension at the end with GotoIf on the variable checks and Background with the context parameter set to the macro context.

Tony Plack