[asterisk-users] Polycom 550 IP SoundStation Fuzzy Voice Quality

Mike Coakley mcoakley at ioumail.com
Wed Jan 9 14:41:26 CST 2008

I'm setting up a new Asterisk system on a Dell server and I'm getting
"fuzzy" voice between the Polycom IP SoundStation 550 and the Asterisk
server. I've checked all of my codec settings and both the Asterisk
and the Polycom agree on u-Law encoding. I'm using the latest release
of the Asterisk code (1.4.17) and other software. If I call between
phones (i.e. two Polycom's) everything is crystal clear so it doesn't
appear to be a Polycom issue.

Here is the current information on the Polycom phone:

SoundPoint IP 550
Assembly: 2345-12500-001 Rev: A
BootBlock 2.7.0 (12500_001)
BootRom: 4.0.0.0423