[asterisk-users] [Zaptel] Checking that TDM card works?

Vincent vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Wed Jan 9 07:08:43 CST 2008

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 06:01:32 -0600, "Darrick Hartman (lists)"
<dhartman at djhsolutions.com> wrote:
>But look in your /etc/rc.conf file for the ZAPMODS variable.  You should
>have that variable set to:
>
>ZAPMODS="wctdm"

Yes indeed:

#ZAPMODS="wctdm"

Should I add this module here, or in rc.modules?

Are we positive that wcfxo is not needed in addition to wctdm and
zaptel?

>Beyond that, as long as Asterisk is not running, issuing service zaptel
>stop should remove all zaptel related modules.

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to unload the modules:

==========
# /etc/init.d/zaptel stop

# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
wctdm                  31552  1
wcfxo                  11424  0
binfmt_misc            11784  1
zaptel                188604  6 wctdm,wcfxo
hdlc                   22528  1 zaptel
syncppp                15300  1 hdlc
ppp_generic            28692  1 zaptel
slhc                    6784  1 ppp_generic

# asterisk -r
pbx*CLI> stop now
Disconnected from Asterisk server

# ps
  PID  Uid     VmSize Stat Command
(snip : no trace of Asterisk)
 1327 root        368 R   ps

# /etc/init.d/zaptel stop

# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
wctdm                  31552  0
wcfxo                  11424  0
binfmt_misc            11784  1
zaptel                188604  2 wctdm,wcfxo
hdlc                   22528  1 zaptel
syncppp                15300  1 hdlc
ppp_generic            28692  1 zaptel
slhc                    6784  1 ppp_generic