[asterisk-users] Newbie: confusion with the new FXO/FXS card

Vytenis Sabaliauskas vytenis.sabaliauskas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 06:40:32 CST 2008

       Hello everyone,

    I'm trying to set up a Asterisk server. I have two cards - one is an
BeroNet BN2S0 with two ISDN lines (4 channels):

http://www.adcomtec.com/webstore/beronet_bn2s0.php?cat=90

and a Rhino R8FXX with one FXO module and two FXS:

http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=2940

I would like to set up an Asterisk server with 8 phones, which will
share the phone numbers via ISDN. Sorry if i'm not writing this very
clearly, since my telecomunication skills are appaling (I'm used to
linux though).

As documentation states, Rhino R8FXX can work as FXO or as FXS depending
on the modules installed. How about my situation? At first, I would like
to set up a simpliest thing - to make phone do anything (play WAV, echo,
etc.) Does anyone show me the road how to do it? A link to some manual
or such...

I tried googling, but have found no results (or didn't knew, that the
info was good for me). This is my first Asterisk server and I'm very
interested in bringing it up.

Thanks. Ow, and sory for laminess :)

--
V.