[asterisk-users] How to check if a SIP phone isforwardedwithout ringing it ?

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 04:35:24 CST 2008

Olle,

Yes, OPTIONS is too heavy for keep-alives and conflicts with its intended
usage - capability discovery without actually placing a call. The IETF seems
to be finally reaching a conclusion on how to do keep-alives in a
lightweight fashion. These are described in the SIP-outbound draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-11.txt

Basically, the idea is to use STUN for SIP/UDP and a CRLF packet for
SIP/TCP.

--
Raj