[asterisk-users] tale of two firewalls

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jan 8 16:14:58 CST 2008

I have a server behind a firewall.  It is publicly addressed.  Should
NOT be trying to NAT (how would I know).

The connection is a SIP trunk to Broadvoice.  I am calling the
Broadvoice # from my cell and the call is being routed to my server.

With one firewall the INVITE contains information for the RTP session to
be with broadvoice servers with different addresses.  It works.

With the other firewall the INVITE does NOT contain any other IP
addresses, and the call goes through but no voice (duh).

I have captures of both.  I would include them in this message, but I am
a little concerned that if some of you get the Registration, you will
crack my secret...

PLEASE help me out on this.  I am absolutely pulling out my hair on it
(and I don't have much).  I have stared at the Wireshark displays and
just don't see it.  I have turned on logging on the failing firewall,
and am not seeing any messages being dropped or rejected.