[asterisk-users] CallerID Number incorrect in SIP packet

Lutgring, Sam LutgrinS at calhounisd.org
Tue Jan 8 15:37:20 CST 2008

I am having an issue with the CallerID Number not being passed to my
phone in the SIP packet.  The CallerID Name is passed just fine and
displayed on the phone with no issue.  I have done a NoOp() in my
extension.conf and successfully seen both the CallerID name and number
correctly. So that leads me to believe that Asterisk is handeling it
correctly.  However, when I do a packet capture of the SIP packet sent
from the Asterisk server to the phone, I do not see the CallerID Number
but instead see the registered user name of the phone:

The lutgrins-G-2433 is the user name that my phone is registered as.  I
would expect to see <sip:7893425141 at 10.31.4.18 instead of what I am
seeing.  Both the phone and the server are running on the same network
segment (no NAT involved).

Any help would be appreciated.

I am running Asterisk version 1.4.11