[asterisk-users] How to check if a SIP phone isforwardedwithout ringing it ?

Steve Langstaff steve.langstaff at citel.com
Tue Jan 8 09:00:47 CST 2008

Section 11.2 of RFC 3261 details the "Processing of OPTIONS Request"

   The response to an OPTIONS is constructed using the standard rules
   for a SIP response as discussed in Section 8.2.6.  The response code
   chosen MUST be the same that would have been chosen had the request
   been an INVITE.  That is, a 200 (OK) would be returned if the UAS is
   ready to accept a call, a 486 (Busy Here) would be returned if the
   UAS is busy, etc.  This allows an OPTIONS request to be used to
   determine the basic state of a UAS, which can be an indication of
   whether the UAS will accept an INVITE request.

Section 21.3.3 of RFC3261 details the "302 Moved Temporarily" response
code.

Looks to me like those two things should interwork just fine.