[asterisk-users] chan_h323 and asterisk 1.2

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 05:31:27 CST 2008

If I let modules.conf autoload chan_h323.so then when
I try to stop asterisk, it *does* stop (files in
/var/run/asterisk/ are removed and connection via -vr
from another console is not possible) but the
"asterisk process" stays alive and stalled. In other
words, a 'ps -ae | grep asterisk' show that the
process is there after running 'stop now'.

I either need to press CTRL-C from the *CLI or
'killall asterisk' from system console.

*CLI> stop now
Beginning asterisk shutdown....
Executing last minute cleanups
  == Destroying musiconhold processes
Asterisk cleanly ending (0).

[infinite wait... user presses CTRL-C]
Killed
#

However, if I specify not to load h323 then the
asterisk process is cleanly terminated.

# cat modules.conf | grep -i chan_h323
noload => chan_h323.so

I'm using:
PWlib 1.10.10
openh323 1.18.0
Asterisk 1.2.21.1
native h323

Is native h323 buggy in Asterisk 1.2.21.1?
I tried ooh323 in Asterisk 1.2.21.1 and it doesn't
seem to hang.