[asterisk-users] FWD and IPCall

Huw Richards huw.richards at oprig.com
Mon Jan 7 20:07:24 CST 2008

I seem to recall the problem was related to DNS A vs SRV records. I
believe that dyndns at that time did not register SRV records on host
(i.e. free) accounts and ipkall was looking for an SRV record.

I know that an SRV record can be added on a paid account, but I still
don't think that you can add an SRV record to a free account - unless
all "A" records are automatically "SRV" records also.

Or mayble ipkall gracefully falls back to search for an "A" record if an
"SRV" lookup fails?