[asterisk-users] asterisk CLI and no such command "stop"

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 16:34:21 CST 2008

--- MatsK <mkn0014 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Vieri wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm probably missing something trivial but I don't
> > understand what.
> >
> > Asterisk is loading fine but when I connect to the
> > console (asterisk -vr) and type "stop" I get a no
> such
> > command reply:
> >
> > *CLI> help
> > (...)
> >         skinny show lines  Show defined Skinny
> lines per device
> >               soft hangup  Request a hangup on a
> given channel
> >                    unload  Unload a dynamic module
> by name
> > *CLI> stop
> > No such command 'stop' (type 'help' for help)
> >
> > # tail -n 1000 /var/log/messages | grep -i error
> >
> > Does anyone know why the "stop" command doesn't
> appear
> > on the help list and is unavailable?
>
> Try
> *CLI> help stop
> and that will show you the syntax for the commands
> that fails!
>
> I can agree that "No such command 'stop' (type
> 'help' for help)" is a
> bit misleading and should have been "Wrong syntax"
> or "Incomplete
> command" or something like that
>
> And always state witch * version you use!

inf-voip1 ~ # asterisk -vr
Asterisk 1.2.21.1, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2007 Digium,
Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'show
warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under
the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome
to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'show license' for details.
Connected to Asterisk 1.2.21.1 currently running on
inf-voip1 (pid = 13423)
Verbosity is at least 1
inf-voip1*CLI> stop now
No such command 'stop' (type 'help' for help)
inf-voip1*CLI> stop gracefully
No such command 'stop' (type 'help' for help)
inf-voip1*CLI>