[asterisk-users] Change Default Voicemail Message

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at concipient.net
Sun Jan 6 22:51:33 CST 2008

Daniel,

You could have Alison record a prompt "Welcome to (nursing home)" and
re-record the prompt "The person at extension..." to be "The person in
room...".  Then have your dialplan play the "Welcome To..." message before
sending the call to voice mail.  Then callers will hear "Welcome to (Nursing
Home).  The person in room 5 is unavailable.  Please leave your message..."
and if the resident has a recorded personal greeting or name, it would
replace the "The person..." portion with either the resident's recorded name
or greeting.

                                Sincerely,

                                Trevor Hammonds