[asterisk-users] Which IP Phone is really the best?

David Cook dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Sun Jan 6 21:42:02 CST 2008

Seriously, if you intend on proposing this to a customer it means you are
selling your professional services. If you are asking questions like this,
how successful do you expect your customer engagement to be?

Even if someone recommends the "best" phone for your particular application,
you will still have zero competency with it and spend inordinate amounts of
learning time and re-work on the customer's time. Your inexperience will
show. Customers are demanding and you will get thrown out on your a**.
People expect IT to fail from time to time (unfortunately), but they expect
100% availability from their phones. Anything less and you will find
yourself with a priority meeting at the client that includes your manager,
CEO and their lawyer.

Nothing travels faster than a bad reputation. Walk away. Research. Build a
lab. Learn.

- dbc.