[asterisk-users] Polycom IP phones that are brick'd

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Sat Jan 5 14:31:50 CST 2008

I had a problem once with a polycom handset that looked like it was
never going to work again - turns out it was sending a request for
updates to a predefine 'factory' ip address.

The way I found this out was with a packet sniffer (wireshark? Would do
the trick - I was using isa2004) - I then reset the ip address of my
boot server to this address and it did a factory reboot and downloaded
the software I assigned it.

You have much more experience than I do but just a thought.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd
dean at cognation.net