[asterisk-users] Detailed Instructions

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jan 5 12:51:12 CST 2008

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 01:36:30PM -0500, Shane D wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am getting Asterisk set up. I am going to be installing Debian Linux
> on a laptop later. I would appreciate some detailed instructions on:
>
> (A) What to type into the shell to download and install Asterisk.

http://updates.xorcom.com/astribank/bristuff/1.4/bristuff-current.tgz

While it is intended to install bristuffed asterisk, it goes a long way
into automating the process of building asterisk.

Download it and slightly edit download.sh to get a newer version and to
not apply any patch (just put a '#' before any line that runs 'patch').

The prereq script has already been submitted into Asterisk in
http://bugs.digium.com/10523

> (B) How to open the configuration files (*.conf)

  aptitude install vim

Or maybe vim-gtk or vim-full .

> (C) If there is a way that I can change the configuration files remotely (SSH?).

Why do you think that there's something you can't do via ssh? ;-)

asterisk -rx 'reload' # for starters

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com