[asterisk-users] ASTERISK cd-rom

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jan 5 05:26:26 CST 2008

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 03:15:13PM +0530, Bhrugu Mehta wrote:
> hi, all
> i want to create cd-rom with asterisk. how it possible.
> when i put disk in cdrom it boot automatifcally and auto-start
> installation like TRIXBOX.
> any idea.

Trixbox (Trixbox CE, actually) doesn't buid Asterisk on autostart. It
uses Asterisk from packages. This is the only sane way to manage a
release for more than one or two versions.

Packages of Asterisk are included in at least the following
distributions: Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, OpenSUSE and Ubuntu. Each of them
has its own way for creating a custom install CD with some extra
packages.

With Debian I was able to do that with just minimal changes to the
installer (just a preseed file), and my own repository of backported
packages. At least for the case of network installation. Alternatively
look for DebianCustom.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com