[asterisk-users] iP0020 Phone busy signal all the time.

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Sat Jan 5 05:05:39 CST 2008

Am Samstag, den 05.01.2008, 06:40 -0400 schrieb William Herrera:
> Hello to you all. Just got my first iP0020 phone and no matter what I
> do to it when I try to call I get a busy signal even though Asterisk
> and the phone web gui shows that the phone is “registered”.
>
> Has any body had any similar experience with this type of phone (or
> nay phone)?

Hi William,

the busy signal can have several meanings:
- phone malconfigured
- number invalid
- number you called is unreachable

My first guess would be that your asterisk drops the phone into an empty
context (or similar) and such there are just no valid numbers to dial.

Logically a step for debugging would be to enter the asterisk console
	asterisk -r
activate logging of as much info as necessary
	set verbose 10
and try to call from the VoIP phones.

What does the asterisk console show?

BTW I saw hard phones that needed first dialing, then lifting the
cradle, and others that worked the other way around.

BR
Anselm