[asterisk-users] VOIP Provider wooes

Dave Miller justdave at mozilla.com
Fri Jan 4 20:10:21 CST 2008

Gregory Malsack wrote on 1/4/08 4:48 PM:
> Does anyone know of a good VOIP dialtone provider in the northern
> Chicago area. My client has tried Broadvoice and Mix and is having
> problems with latency in the middle of the traceroute between him and
> the provider.

I use Broadvoice and haven't had any problems with them, and I'm in
Southwest Michigan...  oddly enough, I use broadvoice's New York node
rather than their Chicago node, despite being a closer traceroute to
Chicago from here (I go through Chicago on the way to anywhere on the
net from here), because I had problems with their Chicago node dropping
out.  But I get pretty good connections with minimal latency from New
York, despite sending the packets right past the Chicago one. :)
Strange, but it works for me.

--
Dave Miller                                   http://www.justdave.net/
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation      http://www.mozilla.com/