[asterisk-users] automatic call marking an extension

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Fri Jan 4 08:41:57 CST 2008

Dear Rickygm,

Am Donnerstag, den 03.01.2008, 20:19 -0600 schrieb troxlinux:
> hello list, happy new year to all, also to digium for their great work
> with asterisk .
>
> I want to make an automatic call marking an extension from my dial
> plan , an example that when marking the extension 100, tell me it
> records their message, mark the hour of their automatic call and at
> the end it marks the extension of the automatic call
>
> as I can make that, do they give me some ideas?

If I understand your mail correctly, you want to schedule calls by
placing a phone call:

1/ Call e.g. 870 on an internal phone
2/ voice prompt "please select internal extension" => type "215"
3/ voice prompt "please enter time for the scheduled call" => "0815"
4/ voice prompt "please enter destination number" => "02212045447#"
5/ "thanks. Your call has been scheduled"

This (first) part can easily be done, you could use "Read()", like in

exten => 870,1,Answer()
exten => 870,2,Playback(scheduler-select-ext)
exten => 870,3,Read(digits||3||5)
exten => 870,4,Playback(scheduler-enter-time)
exten => 870,5,Read(time||4||5)
exten => 870,6,Playback(scheduler-enter-destination)
exten => 870,7,Read(dest||20||30)
exten => 870,8,AGI(scheduler)
exten => 870,9,Playback(scheduler-thanks)
exten => 870,10,Hangup()

The second part would be writing an AGI that creates a .call file -
there is quite some documentation available, also in the list archives.
Create a file, enter the information as needed, "touch" it to the
planned call time and move the file into the "outgoing" directory
(probably a subdir of /var/spool/asterisk).

As I come to think about it, writing the number entry part into the AGI
gives greater flexibility with input validation etc. - consider that as
well.

The third part is getting the .call contents right - you need to
introduce a call recording statement somewhere, probably in the outbound
leg right before the Dial() (in the context used by the file, inside
extensions.conf). Try getting it right without call recording first, and
then add that. This is a mostly separate topic though, and has also been
mentioned in the mailing list once or twice...

I hope you got an idea how to find more information. It is not difficult
to get such a thing working, just needs some fiddling and a little
experience in those things asterisk.

BR
Anselm