[asterisk-users] GSM Gateway behind SIP ATA?

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Fri Jan 4 07:43:22 CST 2008

> You can use the D option with the Dial command.
> Something like this should work:
> exten => _06XXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/gsm_gateway,45,D(${EXTEN})

It worked!!!!

Here is how i did it in FreePBX :

1) Setup a SIP extension for the ATA device, in my case i give it
extension number 298. Edit the extension after creating it set DISALLOW to
all and set ALLOW to alaw to make sure DTMF sending will work.

2) Create a custom trunk, and set as Custom Dial String :
Local/$OUTNUM$@custom-gsmvoip-out

3) add to extensions_custom.conf :
[custom-gsmvoip-out]
exten => _.,1,Dial(SIP/298,,D(wwwwww0${EXTEN}))

Note that i put a leading zero there, because for my fallback outbound
routes i needed to strip the leading zero so i added it again here.

4) Insert the custom trunk in outbound routes

That's it

Hope this will save somebody else 2 days of frustration :)))

Cheers!