[asterisk-users] Right timing for a queue call

Andrea Spadaccini a.spadaccini at mediatechnologies.it
Thu Jan 3 10:52:06 CST 2008

Hello everybody,
I'd like to have more detailed records for calls related to queues. For
instance, if A enters in queue X, waits for Y secs and then talks to peer Z for
T seconds, I'd like to have two entries in my CDR:

- src: A, dst: X, duration: Y, state: ANSWERED
- src: A, dst: Z, duration: T, state: ANSWERED

This independently from how many peers the Queue app calls without success
(peer not connected or not answering).

The only way I could think of was giving an unique userfield to all the calls
related to the call from A to the queue X, e.g.:

- A -> X usrfield: AX-uniqueid
- call to peer B that doesn't answer, usrfield: AX-uniqueid
- call to peer C that isn't available, usrfield: AX-uniqueid
- call to peer Z that answers, usrfield: AX-uniqueid

And then do some math based on duration and call state in order to get the info
I need.

Do you think that it's a good idea? How can it be implemented? I see that
uniqueid changes for each call in the scenario that I described, so I'm a bit
stuck.

I'm using asterisk 1.2.2x (I know that I should migrate.. This is the last
release of our product that uses 1.2).

Thanks in advance,

--
Dr. Andrea Spadaccini
Multimedia Technologies Institute - MTI S.r.l.