[asterisk-users] How to stop the update of astdb?

Aryanto Rachmad aryanto at chello.at
Wed Jan 2 14:00:23 CST 2008

Hello everybody,

I am not using astdb (no func_db and app_db) so I am wondering why asterisk is always updating it.

The interval of the update is not constant. Using lsof, I noted the intervals are somewhere between 1 minute to 12 minutes. The output of lsof says that asterisk, atd and crond processes were just active, just after the hard disk changed the state from standby to active/idle. I polled the hard disk's state with hdparm every 1 second using a script.

The problem is I have asterisk running on an ancient notebook dedicated only for it. And I want to have its 2.5" hard disk to be standby when asterisk is not handling any calls. I have already moved some of the files (under /var folder) which are regularly updated, into ramdisk. I have another notebook which has the exact same configuration but dedicated for web server. The hard disk is mostly in standby state when it is not handling any web requests. So I want to have it the same for the one for asterisk. I am using debian etch kernel 2.6.23.12 which I compiled particularly for those notebooks.

I also tried to have a look on asterisk.c but couldn't find any hints.

Do I missed something? Can I prevent asterisk in accessing astdb? Or at least extend the update interval and make the interval more constant? Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Anto