[asterisk-users] Polycom VLAN

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jan 2 12:04:45 CST 2008

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Jeremy Mann wrote:

> Just curious, if I have my Polycom IP 550 phone VLAN tag 30, will the
> packets I send from my PC(on the PC port of the phone) have the same
> VLAN tag?  THe PC is sending untagged packets.

   According to this --

       http://www.polycom.com/common/documents/whitepapers/
       vlans_and_polycom_soundpoint_ip_desktop_ip_telephones.pdf

   "If a PC is connected to the phone, all packets generated by the PC will
    be passed through unmodified, regardless of the presence of an 802.1q/p
    tag or its contents. Since PCs do not typically tag frames, this means
    they will be on the native VLAN. "

Cheers,

--
Alex Balashov