[asterisk-users] Lamps on Snom phones

Phil Knighton phil.knighton at mjog.com
Wed Jan 2 07:38:26 CST 2008

Hello

Happy New Year to all!!

I've just completed porting from Asterisk 1.2 to 1.4.  I did this by
doing a clean install on a new box, and moving over configuration and
scripts where needed.  All went surprisingly well!

Anyway, one lingering issue is that the function key "lamps" on our Snom
phones have all stopped working!  We're using a mix of Snom 290/320/360
phones and we used to have them setup so you could see if certain
extensions were ringing or engaged.  Since moving to 1.4, all of them
have stopped working.  The Snoms themselves are configured in exactly
the same way, and it doesn't matter what I try on the phones I can't get
them working again.

Been through lots of stuff in the forums, and as far as I can tell I
have got the hints setup correctly and everything *should* be working
fine.  There must be something different within 1.4 that I'm missing?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Cheers

Phil Knighton
Support Engineer
MJog Support Team

Soft Option Technologies Ltd

The Old School, 23 High Street, Wilburton, Cambridgeshire, CB6 3RB

Tel: 01353 741641 |  Fax: 01353 741341  |  Email: info at mjog.com
<mailto:info at mjog.com>  |  Web: www.mjog.com <http://www.mjog.com/>