[asterisk-users] zaptel 1.2.22.1 on kernel 2.6.22: wctdm24xxp.ko needs unknown symbol pci_module_init

Stefan Guenther asterisk01 at in-put.de
Wed Jan 2 03:31:17 CST 2008

Hi,

> The only module that seems to require the deprecated
> function pci_module_init is wctdm24xxp.

I had the same problem, when I tried to compile the driver for an
EICON/DIALOGIC card.
I'm not a kernel expert, but with a number of other postings I found
out, that with kernel version 2.6.22 that following had changed:

Instead of "pci_module_init" the driver has to use
"pci_register_driver". Kernel 2.6.22 obviously doesn't use
"pci_module_init" anymore.
Well I suggest you either use kernel version 2.6.20 or you replace
"pci_module_init" with  "pci_register_driver" in wctdm24xxp.

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Guenther
Geschaeftsfuehrer