[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 Fax

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Jan 1 01:38:07 CST 2008

Rob Hillis wrote:
> Last time I heard IAXModem didn't support T.38 because the IAX2
> protocol didn't support T.38 - whether that's still the case or not, I
> don't know.
There are actually two reasons. One is that T.38 over IAX is not
defined. The other is the current T.38 termination support in spandsp is
only for the full FAX machine it contains. T.38 termination to the class
1 FAX modem (T.31) interface for HylaFAX is a work in progress. When
that is done, I hope we will have a sipmodem to replace iaxmodem,
offering bother audio and T.38 to HylaFAX functionality.

Steve