[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 Fax

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 01:33:58 CST 2008

If by "fax box" you mean an ATA with a fax machine attached them
Asterisk 1.4 with T38 passthrough should work if the SIP provider has
T.38 capabilites.

If by "fax box" you mean a 'faxmail inbox' then no Asterisk cannot
help you terminate that from SIP. Get a Cisco gateway, make sure your
provider uses T.38 and connect that to your Asterisk via T1 or E1.