[asterisk-users] IAX2's JB and DTMF

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Feb 29 13:07:12 CST 2008

We've moved within the last two months to Asterisk 1.4.x

All remote facilities are connected via highspeed (9mbit) connections
(Over OpenVPN) to a central Asterisk box, acting as a voice router, that
funnels all calls into our Avaya Definity G3R via PRI.

When corporate employees visit the remote facilities and try to call the
G3R's voice mail system(Audix), DTMF is not recognized unless you enter
the digits in VERY slowly.

I've been doing testing today and found that if I either set up a SIP
trunk (With jbenable=yes) or disable the jitter buffer on the iax trunk,
I can get a reliable reading from the G3R.

Is there anything that can be tweaked to allow IAX with JB enabled to
increase the reliability of the DTMF generation?

I'm having problems enabling SIP trunks on the production systems that
I'm working on, so at the moment can't use them.

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: