[asterisk-users] load balancing and high availability

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 29 08:33:31 CST 2008

I am evaluating the best way to make a high avail and
load balanced system.

I have two identical asterisk servers. Most clients
are SIP phones. The only special hardware I have on
both systems (they are identical) is: 1 E1 PRI card
and 1 4-port BRI card.

I have 8 ISDN lines so 4 go to each pbx server.

I have 2 PRI lines that connect to an Alcatel PBX so
each asterisk pbx has 1 PRI connection (routed the
same way of course).

I need to implement an active-active cluster of 2
servers.

I'm new to Heartbeat and I've read this:
http://www.ultramonkey.org/3/topologies/ha-lb-eg.html

Could I setup Asterisk with this topology? Would I
just need to have 2 identical servers? Would "call
routing/SIP registrations/internal astdb" be handled
correctly (ie. as if it were a single server)?

Thanks for your input.