[asterisk-users] Problems with removing zaptel

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Feb 29 01:09:27 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 12:30:49AM +0100, Christian wrote:
> Hi all,
> Using the latest test version of Debian but when I have done modprobe -r and removed a few of the zaptel modules some of them cannot be removed. The other module is in use. Also if I reboot my system they're all loaded again. Any thoughts?

modprobe -r does not recursively remove modules.

Try:

  /etc/init.d/zaptel unload #if using the init.d script from the deb
  /etc/init.d/zaptel stop   # if using the init.d script from the tarball

(The reason for the difference: there is no point in unlading a module
on system shutdown. Only serves to increase the crash potential)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com