[asterisk-users] Polycom IP600 + PC share same switch port with VLAN

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Thu Feb 28 23:39:24 CST 2008

Hi all,

I have been googling and testing without any luck and would appreciate
any guidance from anyone.

A port has already been configured on the CISCO switch with the
following:
interface FastEthernet2/0/1
description VOIP VLAN 100
switchport access vlan 100
switchport mode access
duplex full
speed 100

I plugged the phone into the port and everything worked as far as VOIP
is concerned.

Then I plug a PC into the PC port of the Polycom phone with the hope
that I only need one port to support 2 devices.
(I wanted the VOIP phone to use VLAN 100 and PC just the native VLAN)

PROBLEM: However, I found that I could not get the PC (using DHCP) to
get an IP address at all. It seems to be that the traffic from the PC is
also tagged as VLAN 100 as well.
I was told by others that there is a setting on the Polycom phone which
allows the traffic of the PC, under this type of settings, to go native.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks.