[asterisk-users] load balancing

Ron ron at silverbackasp.com
Thu Feb 28 22:03:04 CST 2008

Hi Greyman,

Should it look like this now? Can i use 2 SIP Proxies just to make sure
i have a backup? will that cause any problem again with regards to
calling extension to extension? Extensions will register on the asterisk
still? How about outbound calls to other SIP provider or a telcobridge,
SIP proxy will handle that also? Basically asterisk will ask SIP proxy
of everything? Will RTP stream still go thru asterisk?

Also, i plan on setting these up as a Virtual PBX for multiple offices,
which means company A can only use Trunks for A, B is for Trunk B etc
etc. Does outbound to trunks have any issues? or problem is just
basically calling extension to extension?

[other voip provider]                    [telcobridge] -- [pstn]
[                              SIP Proxy                           ]
[ asterisk 1 ] -- [ asterisk 2 ] -- [ asterisk 3 ] -- [ asterisk 4 ]
|                         mysql cluster                            |

Thanks

Regards,
Ron